Who is an Affiliate Marketer?
An affiliate marketer is somebody who advertises the products and service of any business owner for a commission of the product made from sales. This person registers with the web master’s affiliate programs and is given an online affiliate link which will be used to refer people to the website. They will put their personal link on their website and use various marketing skills to make sales.
What is an Affiliate Programs?
An affiliate program is a one introduced by web business owners for other people to participate in selling their products and services on the internet for money. They do not necessarily have to buy any products or services. They are paid a percentage of the amount for the products or services as commission made from sales of those products or service.
If you are a web business owner, having an affiliate program on your website can be very beneficial. It helps you create marketers for product or services at no cost. It also helps you by boosting sales for your products and services in a short amount of time. A great website to visit is http://www.clickbank.com
Are there many Affiliate scams out there?
The answer to that question is a definite yes. There have been many people who create affiliate programs that do not pay commissions. You generate an affiliate link from the website, but it is just another link to their website without your personal affiliate number. Just imagine wasting all that time making sales for someone else without getting a dime. You must be on high alert before joining any program. One thing you can do is to do a search for that particular program. If there are many results found, chances are that you will be fine and it is legitimate.
Here are some things to consider before joining an affiliate program.
1) Products and Services of the Web marketer. Differentiation between whether it is a one or multiple products web business is crucial. They must also be marketable informational products such as e books and online courses.
2) Is the website an interesting site that customers can really get into and not go elsewhere?
3) Is the sales letter enticing and will it eventually persuade the person to buy it?
4) Did the website creator go over ways they will follow up with customers? This includes an e-mail or newsletter.
5) Does web marketer offer a two-tier affiliate program where people can sign with their affiliate program under you and create affiliate links to other future marketers?
6) How is the sign up process? Will people have to spend a lot of time reading the sales letter before signing up? Does the sign up chart even work? Will anyone be able to find it on the website?
The beautiful thing about becoming an affiliate marketer is that you do not even need your own website. You can use the affiliate link provided to you and advertise in other ways such as posting in forums or even article marketing. This can be a major relief to most people due to the fact that they are not familiar with html coding.
Just remember to keep an eye out for suspicious scam affiliate programs out there. Affiliate marketing is a very promising online opportunity, however, you can easily be misled and robbed of precious time and money.
Copyright 2007 Donald Mckenzie Jr